At CollBox — Austin, TX
Based in Austin, TX, CollBox is an award-winning fintech platform that gets small to medium sized businesses (SMBs) paid for their hard work. With us, businesses can easily keep an eye on their outstanding invoices, understand options for getting paid, and submit accounts for recovery in just a few clicks so they can get back to doing what they do best.
Our passion is keeping small businesses in business by giving them access to the same strategies and processes previously reserved exclusively for big enterprises.
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for Clojure engineers to contribute to all aspects of our stack.
CollBox is a Clojure company, through-and-through. Our backend is written in Clojure running on AWS backed by Datomic. Our frontend is written in ClojureScript using re-frame. We have a passion for immutable data, (Lisp-flavored) functional programming, clean code, and simple, well-architected systems.
We’re a highly-collaborative, early-stage startup with ambitious goals, and many interesting challenges to work through. The role will involve understanding customer needs, designing solutions, and figuring out how to implement them across the stack / application.
- You are fluent in Clojure or ClojureScript, with at least 2 years of experience with the language and a passion for it.
- You have real-world experience building web applications.
- You have excellent spoken and written communication skills, and enjoy contributing to product design rather than simply implementing a spec.
- You enjoy working in a small team, with more autonomy and fewer guard rails.
- You are proficient with common engineering tools like git, and GitHub.
Bonus points for:
- Frontend development experience using re-frame / re-agent or React.
- Experience with integrations (esp. to accounting systems like QBO and Xero).
- Get in on the ground floor at a funded and growing startup
- Generous equity package
- Unlimited PTO
- Company-subsidized health insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Highly collaborative and transparent work culture
- Top of the line equipment so you can do your best work
Apply for this Job
To apply for this job, please email your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: We are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.